Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week 3.1

To be real with you readers out there, I have been having a hard time keeping up with these blog posts. Mrs. Stoklosa has created a really good outline set up for our class already but I think it would be best for me if I put myself on a more strict schedule. Or rather, more specific schedule that will keep me more updated on these blogs posts as I recognize that they are an important part of this process. So, with this in mind, I want to uphold myself to turning in my blogs on Mondays; to write about the goals for the upcoming week, Wednesdays; to give an update on our progress of these goals, and Sunday; to recap on the past week and whats ahead.

Alright, now to continue with this goal (even though I am starting a day behind but, better late than never) I would like to talk about what my group and I have been focusing on this week. During our last meet up, we were able to get a clearer idea on our movie and plot, as well as our ideas for our film opening. One obstacle we were noticing is we do not really know much about how to pull of poker schemes and what some strategies are. So, we decided that we need to research some more on those.

My first thoughts were to look up ways to cheat at poker. What I found was that the most common types of cheating are switching, or hiding, cards and working with friends. Conveniently, for our film opening we have three main characters which are working together. I also like the idea of hiding or switching cards like in the movie Solo.

While reading further into how to cheat on poker with partners the main component to successfully pull of this technique is to have good signals. The signs need to be subtle, yet repeatable as a way to be less suspicious and undetected by the other opponents. Some suggestions were to make signs like: where the chips are placed, taping on the table, blinking, coughing, or touching your eyes, ears, nose, neck, ect.

There is also the switching cards approach that I think we could incorporate into our film opening as well. My thoughts on this strategy is that our main character only uses this when it is his last option to win the game. He should always have an ace up his sleeve. (note pun)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product