Sunday, March 8, 2020

Week 4.1

Howdy! During class today I had some very productive conversations with my other classmates whom I am not working with on this project. We all got into small groups and were able to have open conversations about our project and be able to receive advice and constructive criticism from my other classmates.

I found this experience to be really nice. For one, I don't think I have ever talked to one of the girls I was in a small group with until today so now I've gotten to know more people as well. I also was happy with the attitude everyone had going into these discussions as well. I felt very comfortable to open up to everyone and take criticism and advice from them because I know they are not judging and only want to help me and my group improve and further develop our project.

During the discussions it was interesting to see others projects and what ideas they've come up with. So, while discussing with my small group about my project I was flattered that everyone really enjoyed our ideas and plans going forward. I wanted some help getting some clarity on how we should storyboard and plan out our film opening. I explained to my group our general idea; start off the opening in a garage (or some other underground area) with a group of kids in surrounding the poker table after a game. During this scene the characters will be discussing the game they were just playing and then ask about when tournament sign ups are going to be. This will then lead to a montage style during school showing the main character having people come to him to sign up for the tournament before it ends with the final scene of him walking up to his friends during lunch to speak about the logistics of the tournament.

My small group liked the idea and where we want to go with the film opening. However, through our discussion they mentioned that it may be a better idea to flip these two scenes and start with the montage. This will give us a nice flow into the poker game as well as allow us time to do the opening credits during the montage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product