Thursday, March 19, 2020

Week 5.1

Whats up everyone! This week I am going to be heavily focusing on getting the script done for our film opening. However, I realized I don't know too well how to properly write a script. So, first things first, I need to look up how to script write and learn :)


From what I have been able to gather the process of script writing starts with clear idea of a storyline: Make sure you have a setting, protagonist, and antagonist.
Setting: School, Garage.
Protagonist: The three people organizing the tournament and the students participating in it.
Main Characters:                                                                                                  
   Julian (Male): Main protagonist                                               
Rose/Rosita (Female): Secondary protagonist                         
August (Male): Supporting character                                       
Antagonist: The law.




Then, I need to create a general outline of my script: All of the events need to be in order of how I want them to be in my script.
Outline:
Setting: Classroom                                                                                     
*Sound bites of the poker chip and other diagetic sounds*                       

Opening shot of poker chip between Julians hand.

Close up shots between the poker chip, Julians face, his work, the clock.

Close up shot of the clock as the bell rings.

*Bell rings*                                                                                                 
Setting: In the school halls                                                                          
*Montage music starts*                                                                               
*dietetic sound of students in the halls*                                                      

Mix of close ups, mid shots, tracking shots, extreme close ups;
Julian will be interacting with different students and receiving money
from them as their fee for signing up for the tournament.

Transition shot into the next scene

Setting: Garage                                                                                           
*Montage music fades out*                                                                        

Mix of close up, mid shots, and extreme close ups;
Introduce the characters and show off their poker skills.

The game comes to an end.

At the end of the game the players talk about the upcoming tournament.




And with that, I can start to format and write my script which, for this I was recommended the website Celtx. However, before I start to write my script I want to watch a few tutorials on how to use Celtx and the format that is supposed to be used for script writing.
These are the ones I watched:























No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product